It’s a new year, so I’ll try to avoid the whole new year new-you bullshit spew that everybody likes to romanticize. But in the name of fresh-starts and new beginnings, I decided making a little goals list for the year is just good practice. January means more than just a new year for me, it literally marks a new age for me. Being a Capricorn baby, the new beginning of the year comes with the promise of becoming another year older. I think that with every year we age, there is a uncontrollable necessity to “assess” our lives and decide that there are things we should be doing better, or not doing anymore, or just do more. Looking back at last year, I don’t have any regrets, but it was a year in transition, so 2018, I’m in the position to have a concrete foundation to start building a future I dream about.
So, GOALS for 2018.
- I want to expand my blog and social media presence. Through writing, photography, and ability to tell a story I want to connect with more people ! Hear more stories, be more involved with others and learn about other perspectives.
- Continue my education
- Explore business opportunities that allow me to work for myself
- Cultivate the skills I already have: grow as a photographer, editor, writer, story-teller etc
- Get serious about finishing the novel I started (something I’ve always dreamed of doing)
- Actually have $$ in my savings account
- Get more serious about my fitness and health journey
- Travel with my hubby